Analysis of Several Important Indicators of Serum Separation Gel
Serum separation gel is a commonly used blood collection additive, which is an auxiliary reagent used to obtain high-quality serum samples and is often used in conjunction with blood coagulants. At present, the quality of serum separators on the market varies, and high-quality serum separators mainly rely on a few indicators for reference when purchasing.
Serum separating gel
1. Specific gravity. Serum separation gel is a method of obtaining high-quality serum samples by utilizing the specific gravity characteristics of different blood components. Generally, the specific gravity of qualified serum separation gel ranges from 1.045 to 1.065, which is between serum and blood clots.
2. Thixotropy. Good Thixotropy means that serum separating gel forms an isolation layer between serum and blood clots under the action of centrifugal force, and serum and blood clots will not be mixed with serum separating gel.
3. Viscosity. Serum separation gel is a fluid with viscosity and is easily affected by temperature changes. When the temperature is high, the viscosity is low, while when the temperature is low, the viscosity is high. Currently, high-quality serum separation gel on the market has a viscosity between 100000 and 200000 liters.
4. Physiological inertia. High quality serum separation gel should have good physiological inertness and chemical stability, and be used effectively for a long time without reacting with blood components, thereby affecting the test results.
5. Radiation resistance. The blood collection tube is required to be sterile, so it will be sterilized by gamma ray irradiation, which requires that the specific gravity, Thixotropy, viscosity, physiological inertia and other indicators of the separating gel do not change significantly after irradiation.
6. Stability. On the one hand, it is required that the serum separation gel be left in a stable state for a long time, and on the other hand, it is required that the serum separation gel do not react with other reagents in the blood collection vessel, affecting the effectiveness of the reagents and thus affecting the test results.
Desheng has been researching and developing serum separation gel since its establishment in 2005. So far, all performance indicators have exceeded the qualified standards, and it is highly recognized by domestic and foreign users, and still has not stopped researching and developing. If you have a recent need to purchase serum separation gel, please click on the Desheng official website to learn more details or contact me!
HEPES, as a zwitterionic buffer, increases the osmotic pressure of the cell culture system by increasing the concentration of solution ions, maintaining normal cell morphology and function, and improving cell survival rate. Widely used in cell culture, especially under specific conditions such as tumor cell culture, it is crucial to maintain cell growth and function.