What are the storage conditions for Tris buffer?
Tris buffer solution is a solution prepared from trimethylolaminomethane. Although seemingly insignificant, it has great achievements. Many people know it because it can be used as a buffer to maintain or adjust the pH value of the solution and is frequently used in biological experiments. In addition, it can also be used as a medical intermediate, which is favored by the medical field and has extremely broad social use. The more popular the buffer solution is, the higher the requirements will be, and the storage conditions will be limited. Now, let's introduce the storage conditions of Tris buffer.
Tris, as a widely used biological buffer, belongs to chemical reagents, not dangerous goods. Although the storage conditions are not as harsh as those of dangerous goods, it is also necessary to know the conventional storage conditions and precautions for chemical products.
1. Tris has slight corrosivity and irritation to metal substances, such as copper and aluminum. It is stipulated that different types of products should be classified and stored to avoid mixing.
2. Tris is easy to dissolve with water and ethanol, and its production character is powder, so it needs to be sealed during storage. The powder is easy to absorb moisture, causing discoloration and deterioration.
3. The specifications and packaging of Tris sold by different manufacturers are different. Most of them are packaged in barrels, and there are two types of packaging: bagged and non bagged. Therefore, it is necessary to check or inquire about the sealing of the inner bags after purchase, and check whether there is powder leakage during storage.
4. Tris produced by most manufacturers will have a shelf life. The raw materials and manufacturing processes used by manufacturers are different. Some of them have a shelf life of one year, while others have a shelf life of three years. Try to choose manufacturers that produce and sell products on the spot.
5. Sometimes the Tris will change its color after being placed for a period of time. In fact, it is caused by direct sunlight or high temperature during storage. During use, it must be sealed at room temperature to avoid exposure to the air.
6. Generally, Tris is stored at 2-8 ℃. If the amount is large, it can be stored in a cool place and sealed for a long time. Try to keep it ventilated.
Desheng has rich experience in the research, development and production of biological buffers. It is also one of the company's main products with high purity and stable process. According to customer needs, it can first provide samples for testing. If the test results meet the requirements, it can place orders in large batches. The company's capacity can reach tons to ensure stable supply. If you have this demand, please click the website for consultation!
Tris, as the "leader" of the buffering agent family, ranks first in both customer registration and popular buffering agents in the market. Its raw material price and quality have become a focus of attention. As one of the suppliers of trimethylaminomethane, Desheng has been favored by a large number of customers due to its cheap raw materials.