Understand the characteristics and application of ACES and ADA buffers
N - (2-acetamido) - 2-aminoethane sulfonic acid (ACES) and N - (2-acetamido) - 2-iminodiacetic acid (ADA) are commonly used biological buffers. However, little is known about the differences in their properties and applications, and what should be paid attention to in the use process. This article will also summarize for you, hoping that after reading this article, you can have a clearer understanding of ACES and ADA.
ADA and ACES
Both ADA and ACES are amphoteric ion buffers for biochemistry and molecular biology. ADA can be used to support the protein free medium of chicken embryo fibroblasts. It has also been shown to interfere with the color development for protein quantification in the determination of diocinic acid (BCA) and to be used for isoelectric focusing of proteins in the immobilized pH gradient. ACES is one of the "Good's" buffer components. Its effective pH buffer range is 6.1~7.5, pKa=6.78 (25 ℃), which is easy to form complexes with Mg2+and Cu2+, and can also be compounded with other common metals.
Application of ACES
(1) It is commonly used to prepare cell culture medium, capillary and gel electrophoresis, and buffer systems for isoelectric focusing of various proteins;
(2) Used as buffer for glycosidase analysis;
(3) As a buffer for X-ray crystallographic study of aldehyde dehydrogenase complex;
(4) As a buffer solution for washing and heating Lactobacillus plantarum cells, the effect of heat stress on the duration of its growth lag period was studied.
Application of ADA
(1) ADA buffer can be used for protein crystallization and microtubule polymerization;
(2) As the buffer of capillary electrophoresis, it can provide better results in the separation of amiodarone and deethylamiodarone;
(3) In differential scanning calorimetry, it is used as sample buffer to study fibroblast growth factors that cannot be studied in phosphate or sulfate buffer.
Precautions for use of ACES and ADA
1. ACES is also a competitive inhibitor of GABA receptor, so we should avoid using ACES as buffer when studying the interaction of GABA receptor;
2. ADA can be used as buffer in cation exchange chromatography, but the concentration should not be too high in use because of the large ionic strength and relatively high dependence of concentration on pKa.
3. ACES and ADA are easy to be compounded with some metal ions, so the stability constant should be considered when using
4. ADA can absorb the ultraviolet light of 260nm, and ACES can absorb the ultraviolet light of 230nm, which may interfere with the determination of some spectrophotometry.
To sum up, you have a certain understanding of ACES and ADA. Desheng is a direct manufacturer of ACES and ADA. It produces more than ten kinds of buffers. Desheng has been sold to all parts of the country and exported to more than 30 countries with its excellent product quality and good customer reputation. The company has always followed the service philosophy of taking virtue as the foundation and honesty as the first, thinking about what customers want and urgent about what customers want. If you are worried about finding a suitable buffer supplier, you are welcome to visit and consult.
In today's medical field, heparin lithium plays an indispensable role. Heparin lithium is a blood anticoagulant widely used in blood collection and blood gas detection. As a high-tech enterprise specializing in heparin lithium, Desheng's products are widely used in the field of medical diagnosis.