Additives for blood collection: ensuring accurate and safe clinical testing
In the modern medical field, blood sampling additives are an indispensable part, and their quality of use directly affects the stability of blood samples and subsequent testing projects. Common additives include separation gel, heparin salt, EDTA potassium salt, sodium citrate, etc. They can protect the morphology of blood sample cells, extend the storage period, and have important significance for the accuracy of clinical tests and the safety of patients.
Serum separating gel
The effect of blood vessel sampling additives
1. Preventing blood clotting: When collecting blood, if the blood quickly clots after collection, it is not conducive to timely testing by medical staff, but also affects the accuracy of clinical testing. The function of anticoagulants is to prevent this coagulation, maintain the original state of the blood, and facilitate analysis.
2. Preventing changes and maintaining the integrity of blood cells: After blood collection, the hemoglobin in the blood may decompose, leading to changes in the blood. This change can interfere with many clinical tests, and the effect of additives can keep the blood from being damaged, ensure its original properties, and promote accurate results.
The main types of additives for blood sampling
There are various types of additives used in blood collection, among which the most common include the following:
1. EDTA (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid): This is a commonly used anticoagulant, commonly seen in clinical practice as EDTA dipotassium or EDTA tripotassium purple tubes. It is usually used for whole blood testing, such as blood routine tests, which can effectively chelate calcium ions to prevent blood clotting and maintain the original state of the blood.
2. Heparin: Often containing heparin sodium and heparin lithium, it is an anticoagulant used in various clinical tests to ensure that blood does not clot after collection by inhibiting the activity of thrombin. At the same time, due to its low interference with blood cells, it does not affect the size of red blood cells, does not cause hemolysis, and is suitable for hematocrit and biochemical measurements.
3. Sodium fluoride: It is the same type of anticoagulant as the above, which can ensure the original state of the blood sample for a certain period of time, and the metabolism of blood cells is stagnant. However, the difference is that it is suitable for testing items related to blood sugar and is not suitable for other blood routine tests.
4. Separation gel: also known as serum separation gel, it is mainly used to separate serum and blood cells in test tubes, which can quickly obtain serum samples to complete the experiment, effectively saving doctors and patients time.
Dipotassium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid
Industry standards for blood sampling additives
In order to ensure the quality and performance of the blood collection tube additives, strict industry standards have been established, which cover the composition, concentration, storage conditions and performance requirements of the additives. For example, Desheng's blood collection tube additives are analytical pure, the purity of EDTA potassium salt is up to 99%, and the proportion of the separated gel is between 1.045-1.065g/cm3. The key performance values of these additives have clear requirements, and they strictly comply with industry production standards, To ensure the accuracy of blood collection and testing. In addition, additives must be stored under certain temperature and humidity conditions to achieve long-term stable performance.
Blood sampling additives play an important role in the modern medical field, ensuring the accuracy of clinical results and the safety of patient testing. Therefore, the control and selection of these additive raw materials in the market are extremely strict. As a manufacturer of blood vessel additives, Desheng has up to 18 years of research and development and production experience, and provides a full range of products, which not only saves customers' purchasing time but also helps to save costs. There is a professional R&D team and professors in charge of quality, which can ensure that customer experiments are worry free. If you have any interest, please feel free to contact us at any time!
Trihydroxymethylaminomethane is an important laboratory reagent widely used in fields such as molecular biology and biochemistry. To ensure its quality and purity, a series of tests are required. This article provides measurement methods for appearance, content, solubility, drying weight loss, pH value, melting point, and UV absorbance. These methods help to evaluate the quality and purity of trimethylaminomethane.