2-cyclohexylaminoethanesulfonic acid (CHES) buffer range and advantages
2-cyclohexylaminoethanesulfonic acid (CHES) is a commonly used buffer used in biochemical and molecular biology experiments to maintain the stability of the solution within a specific pH range. Although it is rare in the buffering agent family, its buffering range enables it to play a role in many fields and has certain advantages. It is also crucial for experimental personnel to correctly understand and use the buffering range of CHES buffering agent for the success of the experiment. So the following will delve into the buffer range and advantages of 2-cyclohexylaminoethanesulfonic acid.
1、 Buffer range of CHES buffer
CHES is a zwitterionic buffer with a buffer range of pH 8.6-10.0 in the alkaline range, and a pKa (acid dissociation constant) of approximately 9.5. At this pKa value, CHES can stabilize the pH of the buffer solution within a certain range, providing assurance for experimental results.
2、 Advantages of CHES buffer
1. Good stability: CHES buffer has good stability within its working range and can maintain a stable pH value in biochemical experiments.
2. High compatibility with biological systems: The pH range of CHES is suitable for many biological systems and is therefore widely used in many biological experiments, such as enzymatic reaction buffer solutions.
3. Strong effectiveness: Due to the characteristics of CHES buffer range, it can effectively buffer under alkaline conditions, meeting specific experimental needs, such as various samples and running buffer solutions for capillary electrophoresis.
3、 Precautions for CHES buffer
1. Not suitable for low pH experiments: Due to the high pKa value of CHES, it is not suitable for experiments that require lower pH values.
2. Mixing with other buffering agents should be avoided: when mixed with other buffering agents, it may cause pH instability and affect experimental results.
3. Appropriate buffering agents should be selected based on experimental needs: Although CHES performs well within a certain range, in some specific experiments, it may still be necessary to choose other buffering agents that are more in line with the requirements to achieve better results.
2-cyclohexylaminoethanesulfonic acid (CHES), as a commonly used buffer, performs well in the pH range of 8.6-10.0. Reasonable selection and use of CHES buffer can ensure the stability of the solution in biochemical experiments, providing assurance for the accuracy and reliability of experimental results. However, when choosing a buffer, it is necessary to choose a buffer with stable quality according to the specific requirements and conditions of the experiment to achieve better experimental results.
As an advantageous supplier of CHES, Desheng can provide high-quality raw material powder, which is convenient for transportation and storage, and is cheap. Many people in the market choose to cooperate with us. If you are also interested, feel free to contact us and give it a try!
HEPES, as a zwitterionic buffer, increases the osmotic pressure of the cell culture system by increasing the concentration of solution ions, maintaining normal cell morphology and function, and improving cell survival rate. Widely used in cell culture, especially under specific conditions such as tumor cell culture, it is crucial to maintain cell growth and function.