This article lets you understand the similarities and differences between MOPS and MOPSO
MOPS (3-(N-morpholino)propanesulfonic acid) and MOPSO (3-(N-morpholinyl)-2-hydroxypropanesulfonic acid) in Good’s buffer
It is two kinds of buffers that are widely used. From the English abbreviation, they only differ by one letter, so it is easy for the unfamiliar to confuse the two. In fact, there are both differences and similarities between MOPS and MOPSO. Next, I will briefly introduce their differences in application and configuration, as well as the common advantages of these two products.
Differences between MOPS and MOPSO applications
MOPS can be used in the following experiments:
(1) As a running buffer in electrophoresis and for protein purification in chromatography;
(2) It is formulated into a variety of agar media for the cultivation of bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells. However, concentrations higher than 20mM are not recommended for mammalian cells;
(3) It can be used as a lysis buffer for E. coli cells;
(4) as an eluent in gel filtration chromatography;
(5) Applied to Northern hybridization as a buffer for RNA isolation and membrane transfer;
(6) It is suitable for the determination of bisquinolinecarboxylic acid (BCA);
(7) Electron transport and phosphorylation studies for chloroplast thin layer preparation.
MOPSO can be used in the following experiments:
(1) Used as a carrier electrolyte in capillary electrophoresis, and a crystallization buffer for glutathione synthase;
(2) Used in fluorescence spectroscopy, spectrophotometry and isothermal titration calorimetry;
(3) Interact with the peptide backbone of bovine serum albumin (BSA) to prevent thermal denaturation of BSA;
(4) As one of the buffer components for copper-related analysis;
(5) It is used as a component of buffered charcoal yeast extract medium;
(6) Prepare MOPSO-ethanol buffer system to fix urine-derived cells;
(7) It is used as a buffer system for the determination of by-products of biological treatment of marine crude oil.
The difference between MOPS and MOPSO configuration
How to configure MOPSO
1. Prepare 800 mL of distilled water (dH2O) in a beaker;
2. Put 112.63 grams of MOPSO powder into a beaker filled with distilled water (dH2O);
3. Adjust the solution in the beaker to the desired pH value with (10N NaOH);
4. Add distilled water (dH2O) until the volume is 1L and the configuration is complete.
How to configure MOPS
1. Weigh 41.8g MOPS and place it in a 1L beaker;
2. Add about 700ml of DEPC treated water, stir to dissolve;
3. Use 2N NaOH to adjust the pH to 7.0, then add 20ml of 1M NaOAc (DEPC treatment) and 20ml of 0.5M EDTA (pH 8.0, DEPC treatment) to the solution;
4. Dilute the solution to 1L with DEPC-treated water;
Filter with a 0.45um filter to remove impurities, and store at room temperature in the dark.
Common advantages of Desheng MOPSO and MOPS:
1. The purity of Desheng MOPSO and MOPS both reach ≥99%, with good water solubility, stable process, and can control a constant pH range for a long time. A full range of product testing and special testing services can be provided according to your application needs.
2. Desheng has a professional R&D and production team with a daily output of 1-2 tons and advanced production technology and equipment. There will be no long supply cycle or supply interruption.
3. For customers, we enjoy the advantage of trial packs.
4. The conventional packaging is 20KG/drum, but as a manufacturer, we can pack according to the needs of customers.
5. With strong logistics capabilities and rich export experience, we export to more than 100 countries and have established long-term cooperation intentions.
When it comes to the chemiluminescent reagent Luminol, it is not unfamiliar to everyone and is commonly used in the field of criminal investigation to detect blood stains. Researchers have found that the principle of luminol luminescence can be used to detect specific substances in saliva, such as proteins, DNA, and related indicators of microorganisms, in order to determine physical conditions.