What is the difference between MOPS and MOPSO in Good’s buffer?
Both MOPS(3-(N-morpholino)propanesulfonic acid) and MOPSO (3-(N-morpholinyl)-2-hydroxypropanesulfonic acid) in Good's buffer have good pH stability, Chemical reagents and enzymes are inert. They do not form complexes with most metal ions, so they are suitable for solutions containing metal ions. It is easy for people who are unfamiliar to confuse the two. So what is the difference between them actually? The following briefly introduces their use in the application, so that you can choose the products you need when you use them.
The chemical name is 3-(N-morpholine) propanesulfonic acid, the molecular formula is C7H15NO4S, the pKa is 7.14 at 25°C, and the pH buffer range is 6.5-7.9. can be use on:
(1) As a running buffer in electrophoresis and protein purification in chromatography;
(2) Formulated into a variety of agar media for the cultivation of bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells. However, the concentration higher than 20mM is not recommended for mammalian cells;
(3) It can be used as a lysis buffer for E. coli cells;
(4) As the eluent in gel filtration chromatography;
(5) Used in Northern hybridization, as a buffer for RNA isolation and membrane transfer;
(6) Suitable for the determination of bicinchoninic acid (BCA);
(7) For the study of electron transfer and phosphorylation of chloroplast thin layer preparation.
The chemical name is 3-(N-morpholinyl)-2-hydroxypropanesulfonic acid, the molecular formula is C7H15NO5S, the pKa at 25°C is 6.87, and the pH buffer range is 6.2~7.6. can be use on:
(1) Used as a carrier electrolyte in capillary electrophoresis and a crystallization buffer for glutathione synthase;
(2) Used in fluorescence spectroscopy, spectrophotometry and isothermal titration calorimetry;
(3) Interact with the peptide backbone of bovine serum albumin (BSA) to prevent thermal denaturation of BSA;
(4) As one of the buffer components of copper correlation analysis;
(5) Used as a component of the buffered charcoal yeast extract medium;
(6) Prepare MOPSO-ethanol buffer system to fix urine-derived cells;
(7) Used as a buffer system for measuring by-products of biological treatment of marine crude oil.
Does watching their respective introductions help you? As an enterprise integrating R&D, production, sales and service, we Desheng have been committed to providing customers with high-quality products and services. Whether it is biological buffers, chemiluminescence reagents, and blood collection tube additives, you can consult us if you have any questions you don’t understand. We will solve it for you with inexhaustible patience.
In today's medical field, heparin lithium plays an indispensable role. Heparin lithium is a blood anticoagulant widely used in blood collection and blood gas detection. As a high-tech enterprise specializing in heparin lithium, Desheng's products are widely used in the field of medical diagnosis.