Bicine solution preservation techniques
Bicine is a common biochemical reagent widely used in the extraction and purification processes of proteins and nucleic acids. As an important buffer, in order to ensure the stability and effectiveness of Bicine solution, the correct storage method is a prerequisite for determining the effectiveness of experimental results. Below, we will discuss in detail the storage techniques for Bicine solutions, including storage conditions, shelf life, and avoidance of contamination.
Storage conditions of Bicine solution
1. Sealing: Bicine solutions should be stored in tightly sealed containers to prevent the entry of moisture and pollutants. It is recommended to use glass or plastic bottles with tightly sealed caps.
2. Humidity control: Bicine powder is sensitive to humidity when preparing solutions, and excessive humidity may cause its decomposition. Therefore, the environmental humidity should be controlled at a lower level. It is recommended to use desiccants or dehumidifiers during storage to reduce humidity.
3. Temperature control: High temperature can cause the decomposition of Bicine solution, while low temperature may lead to crystallization, so it is necessary to store it at room temperature to avoid high or low temperatures.
Shelf life of Bicine solution
The shelf life of Bicine solution depends on various factors, including concentration, storage conditions, ambient temperature, etc. Under good storage conditions, low concentration Bicine solutions can usually be stored for several months, while high concentration Bicine solutions will have a shorter storage time. Ideally, it is recommended to prepare and use immediately, as both low and high concentrations will not cause waste of raw materials due to storage failure.
Notes on long-term storage
1. Divide into small portions: In order to reduce the number of times the solution is repeatedly opened, it is recommended to divide the Bicine solution into small portions to avoid exposing the entire container to the external environment every time it is taken, reducing pollution and changes in solution performance.
2. Regular pH testing: Bicine solutions stored for a long time may be affected by the dissolution of carbon dioxide in the air and other factors, leading to changes in pH value. Therefore, it is necessary to regularly use a pH meter to test the pH value of the solution and adjust it as needed to ensure its buffering performance.
3. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles: If choosing to freeze and store Bicine solution, frequent freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided. Repeated freezing and thawing can lead to Bicine decomposition and crystallization, affecting its quality and performance.
4. Avoid cross contamination: Different types of chemical reagents may pose a risk of cross contamination. Special care should be taken when storing and using Bicine solutions, ensuring they are stored separately from other chemical reagents and using specialized laboratory equipment for retrieval.
5.Pay attention to personal protection: As Bicine is a chemical raw material, it is recommended to wear personal protective equipment such as lab clothes and goggles when preparing and using it. In case of accidental contact with skin or eyes, in severe cases, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical attention.
Bicine solution, as an important biochemical reagent, has a wide range of applications in experiments. To ensure its quality and stability, users need to understand and follow the correct storage techniques. By selecting appropriate storage conditions, paying attention to shelf life, and avoiding contamination, measures can be taken to ensure that Bicine solution plays its due role in the experimental process and provide assurance for the accuracy of experimental results.
As a manufacturer of biological buffering agent Bicine raw material powder, Desheng has strong product stability, no impurities in appearance, uniform color, and meets quality requirements. During the production process, precision quality control is carried out to ensure the consistency of each batch of products. It is stable at room temperature and easy to store, transport, and use. If you have any relevant intentions, please feel free to click on the website to contact us at any time!
In chemiluminescence analysis, the luminescence intensity of acridine ester is influenced by various factors, such as reaction medium, temperature, time, and excitation light source energy. To achieve good detection results, it is necessary to comprehensively consider and optimize these factors. Meanwhile, attention should be paid to controlling and standardizing experimental conditions to ensure accurate and reliable results. Thoroughly studying these influencing factors will help promote the development of chemiluminescence analysis methods.