What characteristics of carbomer make it frequently appear in skin care products?
Carbomer iscomposed of large polymer chains, and the larger the chains, the greater their impact on skin care formulations. Acts as an emulsifier in skin care products and helps prevent the separation of emulsions into oil and liquid components. It can also control the viscosity, texture and appearance of cosmetics. Because of these beneficial properties, carbomer is widely used in cosmetics, nail polish and personal care products in addition to skin care and hair care products. It also helps to extend the shelf life of beauty and makeup products.
Let's take a look at these properties of carbomer, which makes it a multifunctional compound used in many hair care, skin care, personal care and pharmaceutical products.
1. Carbomer is a polymer with high molecular weight.
2. It is a white, fluffy powder with hygroscopicity.
3. Carbomer polymer has extremely low irritation and non-allergenicity.
4. Due to its high molecular weight, carbomer cannot penetrate the skin layer, so it will not affect the original product effect.
5. It has super thickening, emulsifying and suspending properties, so it is widely used in various cosmetics and personal care formulations.
6. It can show high viscosity at low concentration.
7. It can promote better bioadhesion properties.
8. It has good thermal stability.
9. Carbomer shows good rheological properties in application.
10. Soluble in water and some organic solvents, but insoluble in oil.
11. Due to the structure of carbomer, it acts as a surfactant to increase the water solubility of hydrophobic substances.
12. Carbomers exhibit water absorption and water retention properties. They can swell up to 1000 times their original volume in water.
Desheng is a professional carbomer manufacturer. At present, the company sells carbomer 940, carbomer 980 and other models, with sufficient supply, and the average daily mass production is about 3 tons. The delivery is fast, the quality is guaranteed, and a professional after-sales team will answer your questions. Now you can apply for a free sample online for trial. Please feel free to contact us if you need it.
3- (cyclohexylamine) -1-propanesulfonic acid, abbreviated as CAPS, is an important buffer and laboratory reagent. At present, the demand for it in the market is gradually increasing. In view of industry competition, various manufacturers are constantly adjusting prices to attract customer flow. So what is the connection between its price adjustment and? This article will answer everyone's doubts.