What are the characteristics of carbomer frequently appearing in skin care products?
Carbomer are composed of large polymer chains, and the larger the chains, the greater their impact on skin care formulations. Acts as an emulsifier in skin care products and helps prevent the separation of emulsions into oil and liquid components. It can also control the viscosity, texture and appearance of cosmetics. Due to these beneficial properties, carbomer is widely used in cosmetics, nail polish and personal care products in addition to skin care and hair care products. It also helps to extend the shelf life of beauty and makeup products.
Let’s take a look at these properties of carbomer, which make it a multifunctional compound used in many hair care, skin care, personal care and pharmaceutical products.
1. Carbomer is a polymer with high molecular weight.
2. It is a white, fluffy powder with hygroscopicity.
3. Carbomer polymer has extremely low irritation and non-allergenicity.
4. Due to its high molecular weight, carbomer cannot penetrate the skin layer, so it will not affect the original product effect.
5. It has super thickening, emulsifying and suspending properties, so it is widely used in various cosmetics and personal care formulations.
6. It can show high viscosity at low concentration.
7. It can promote better bioadhesion properties.
8. It has good thermal stability.
9. Carbomer shows good rheological properties in application.
10. Soluble in water and some organic solvents, but insoluble in oil.
11. Due to the structure of carbomer, it acts as a surfactant and is used to increase the water solubility of hydrophobic substances.
12. Carbomers exhibit water absorption and water retention properties. They can swell up to 1000 times their original volume in water.
Desheng is a professional carbomer manufacturer. At present, the company sells carbomer 940, carbomer 980 and other models, with sufficient supply, and the average daily mass production is about 3 tons. The delivery is fast, the quality is guaranteed, and the professional after-sales team will answer your questions. Now you can apply for a free sample online for trial. Please feel free to contact us if you need it.
HEPES, as a zwitterionic buffer, increases the osmotic pressure of the cell culture system by increasing the concentration of solution ions, maintaining normal cell morphology and function, and improving cell survival rate. Widely used in cell culture, especially under specific conditions such as tumor cell culture, it is crucial to maintain cell growth and function.