8 kinds of MOPS buffer uses and precautions you don't know
MOPS is a zwitterionic biological buffer. It is a white powdery solid at room temperature, with high hydrophilicity and excellent water solubility (1000 g/L at 20°C). When MOPS is dissolved in water, the appearance of its aqueous solution is colorless. This is just its basic information, if you want to know more, then you have to look down.
What is the recommended use of MOPS?
1. The operation that can separate RNA by agarose gel electrophoresis;
2. Used for protein purification in chromatography;
3. Measure absorption in ultraviolet/visible spectrophotometry and use cyclic voltammetry to study redox characteristics;
4. The electron transfer mechanism in nitrogenase;
5. Separate nucleic acid and protein by electrophoresis;
6. In the control of medium pH value of 5, including cell culture medium for yeast, bacteria and mammalian cells;
7. It has been used as a buffer component of charcoal yeast extract culture medium;
8. It interacts with the peptide backbone of bovine serum albumin, resulting in a net stabilization of the protein.
What questions should you consider before choosing MOPS for your research?
1. When used for mammalian cell culture, the MOPS concentration should not be higher than 20mM
2. Although most studies have found that there is almost no complex between the mop and the metal, some studies have found that interference may occur due to the formation of metal complexes;
3. It can change the interaction of lipids;
4. MOPS can affect the thickness and barrier properties of the rat endothelial surface layer;
5. It interacts with DNA and forms a complex;
6. It can slightly affect the mRNA expression of bovine embryos produced in vitro;
7. It can be oxidized by H2O2, but due to its slow oxidation, it is not expected to have a significant impact on the biological system;
8. In the presence of glucose, autoclaving can partially degrade MOPS.
Trihydroxymethylaminomethane plays an indispensable role in scientific research and industrial applications due to its excellent buffering performance. As a professional wholesale manufacturer of trihydroxymethylaminomethane, Desheng not only provides high-quality products but also provides comprehensive services to customers, fully meeting various experimental needs