Desheng takes you a comprehensive understanding of biological buffer TAPS
TAPS, the full name of N-tris(hydroxymethyl)methyl-3-aminopropanesulfonic acid, is a zwitterionic buffer, widely used in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology, CAS number: 29915-38-6, pH The buffer range is 7.7-9.1, and it is soluble in water (25g/50ml). The editor of Desheng will introduce the synthesis, application and use of TAPS. I hope that after reading this article, you can have a more comprehensive understanding of TAPS.
Synthesis of biological buffer TAPS
The TAPS synthesis process introduced in this article uses tris (Tris) and 1,3-propane sultone (1,3-PS) as raw materials to react in an alcohol solvent. The operation process is as follows:
1. Weigh an equimolar amount of Tris and 1,3-PS, and take an appropriate amount of alcoholic solvent into a 250ml three-necked flask with condensing reflux, heating and refluxing under stirring;
2. After reacting for a period of time, stop the reaction; at room temperature, let the reacted solution stand and cool to room temperature, and then filter under reduced pressure. The TAPS crude filter cake is washed with an appropriate amount of absolute ethanol for 2 to 3 times, and TAPS is taken out The filter cake is placed in a vacuum drying oven for drying, and the filtrate filtered under reduced pressure is recovered for use.
Application of biological buffer TAPS
1.TAPS, as a commonly used buffer system in DNA screening systems, can also be used as a buffer component of RNA samples, and is suitable for electron transport and phosphorylation studies of chloroplast thin-layer preparations.
2. Protect oxygenated hemoglobin from oxidation to methemoglobin during freeze-drying
3. It can be used as a background electrolyte for capillary zone electrophoresis for protein microanalysis.
4. It can be used as an important PH stabilizer, generally mixed with weak acid and its conjugate base to obtain proper PH value.
5.Usually used in some biochemical diagnostic kits, PCR diagnostic kits and DNA/RNA extraction kits.
Tips for Purchasing Biological Buffer TAPS
If the demand is relatively small, you can directly purchase the TAPS ready-to-use buffer. The specifications are usually 200mL, 500mL, 1L, etc., and the corresponding pH range and concentration can be selected according to the experimental requirements. It is very convenient to use immediately after arrival. If the demand is large, you can directly contact the professional direct production and purchase of TAPS buffer powder like Desheng, which is conducive to long-term storage. It can be prepared at any time when it is needed, and it is more flexible to use.
The quality and service of the trimethylol methylamino propane sulfonic acid (TAPS) developed by Desheng is guaranteed. The manufacturer provides stable supply and can provide one-stop purchase of raw materials, saving your purchase time and cost. Desheng has a biological buffer TAPS With complete qualifications in all aspects, including inspection reports, etc., it also has independent product intellectual property rights, and is a manufacturer worthy of your trust.
HEPES, as a zwitterionic buffer, increases the osmotic pressure of the cell culture system by increasing the concentration of solution ions, maintaining normal cell morphology and function, and improving cell survival rate. Widely used in cell culture, especially under specific conditions such as tumor cell culture, it is crucial to maintain cell growth and function.