What are the applications of TRIS (tromethamine) in medicine
TRIS, also known as tromethamine, CAS number: 77-86-1, abbreviated as THAM abroad, appears as a buffer in biochemical experiments to adjust the pH of the system. In fact, in the field of medicine, tromethamine itself is used as a drug and an important pharmaceutical intermediate. It is used for the compounding of multiple drugs and can also be used as a pharmaceutical excipient. This article will describe the application of tromethamine in medicine.
1. Acidosis drugs
As a drug, tromethamine can be used for acute metabolic acidosis and acute respiratory acidosis. Because it does not contain sodium, it is especially suitable for patients with heart failure and acidosis. It is suitable for the rescue of hypothermic anesthesia, shock and cardiac arrest. After organ transplantation, this medicine can be used to treat ischemic intracellular acidosis. Tromethamine is a sodium-free amino buffer base that combines with H2CO3 in body fluids to generate bicarbonate, which can buffer acid and reduce CO2 tension, and has the dual effect of correcting acute respiratory acidosis and metabolic acidosis . At pH 7.4, tromethamine only has a dissociation degree of 75%, and its undissociated part is highly fat-soluble, easily penetrates the blood-brain barrier and cell membrane, and quickly acts as a buffer acid group in the cell, so it can be used in the cell Both inside and outside
2. Pharmaceutical intermediates
As an organic amine, tromethamine can form a double salt that is easily soluble in water with insoluble substances with acidic groups. Representative drugs include dexketoprofen tromethamine, fosfomycin tromethamine, and carprobe The intermediate of tromethamine, ketorolac tromethamine, etc.
Desheng tromethamine barrel and powder picture
3. Dexketoprofen tromethamine: It has been used as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug for many years. It is a compound salt of dexketoprofen and tromethamine, which has excellent water solubility and fast absorption. It reversibly inhibits cyclooxygenase and deoxygenase, thereby inhibiting the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, and finally exerts pain and anti-inflammatory effects. The drug is suitable for short-term elimination of trauma and postoperative pain, swelling and pain, severe pain and pain caused by various reasons.
4. Fosfomycin tromethamine: This medicine is mainly used to treat uncomplicated urinary tract infections. The mechanism of action is that fosfomycin inhibits the activity of this enzyme by combining with uridine diphosphate N-acetylglucose enolpyruvate transferase, blocking the initial stage of cell wall formation to produce a bactericidal effect. With the long-term and large-scale application of antibacterial drugs, the phenomenon of bacterial resistance has become more and more serious, and the unique mechanism of action of fosfomycin tromethamine makes the drug rarely cross-resistance with other antibacterial drugs and maintain good antibacterial activity for a long time. With good safety, it is a good choice for the treatment of urinary tract infections.
5. Carprost tromethamine: It is mainly used for the treatment of ineffective uterine contraction and relaxation, soft birth canal laceration, postpartum hemorrhage caused by incorrect placenta position, and miscarriage during 13-20 weeks of pregnancy. Its function is equivalent to a calcium ion carrier, which can increase the transport capacity of calcium ions from calcium channels into cells, thereby increasing the intracellular calcium ion concentration, and promoting muscle fiber contraction; at the same time, by inhibiting adenylate cyclase, Inhibit the formation of adenosine cyclic phosphate, reduce the phosphorylation of sarcoplasmic reticulum membrane protein, thereby reducing the binding of calcium ions and increasing the intracellular calcium ion concentration.
6. Ketorolac tromethamine: Ketorolac tromethamine is a new type of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Its mechanism of action is the same as that of dexketoprofen tromethamine. It is by reducing the peripheral ring Oxidase activity reduces prostaglandin synthesis, thereby reducing the response of pain nerves to endogenous inflammatory factors, inhibiting peripheral nerve sensitization, and achieving the purpose of advanced analgesia. It can be used to relieve all pain symptoms, and is suitable for short-term elimination of trauma and postoperative pain, cancer pain, acute and chronic pain, and pain caused by various reasons. In recent years, ketorolac tromethamine has been used more widely.
7. Pharmaceutical excipients
Tromethamine can be used as an acid-base balance regulator. Representative drugs include iopromide injection. These drugs are used for diagnostic purposes, used in blood vessels and body cavities, computerized tomography (CT) enhancement, arteriography and venography, arterial/venous digital subtraction angiography (DSA), intravenous urography , Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), arthrography and other body cavity examinations, but cannot be used in the sheath.
The application of tromethamine in medicine is very wide. Whether it is used as a biological buffer, as a medicine itself, as a pharmaceutical intermediate, or as a pharmaceutical excipient, tromethamine plays a huge role in the field of medicine. Antibacterial and anti-infection, pain relief, medical diagnosis, life saving, etc. provide effective ways. Desheng is a professional tromethamine manufacturer. At present, the daily output has reached the ton level, the stock supply is sufficient, and the quality has been trusted by customers. Welcome to consult and order!
In today's medical field, heparin lithium plays an indispensable role. Heparin lithium is a blood anticoagulant widely used in blood collection and blood gas detection. As a high-tech enterprise specializing in heparin lithium, Desheng's products are widely used in the field of medical diagnosis.