The difference between Tris-HCl buffer powder reagent and solution reagent
Tris-HCl buffer refers to the buffer solution composed of tris-hydroxymethylaminomethane and hydrochloric acid, and it is a kind of biological buffer used in biochemical experiments. There are actually two types on the market, one is Tris hydrochloride powder reagent, and the other is a solution reagent of different pH value configured by Tris and different proportions of HCl.
Tris-HCl powder reagent and solution reagent are not just the difference between powder and solution..The powder reagent is dissolved in water to form a solution and the finished solution reagent is also different in use. The reason is that the molecular structure of trimethylolaminomethane (HOCH2) 3CNH2 contains an amino group that reacts with hydrochloric acid to form a salt in a 1:1 ratio. However, there may be a small amount of Tris base in the powder product that does not completely react with hydrochloric acid.
Tris-HCl reagent barrel
Tris, Tris hydrochloride, Tris-HCl buffer solution ready-to-use pH difference:
1. The pH value of Tris or Tris base is 10-12, which is weakly alkaline;
2. The pH value of Tris hydrochloride is 4-6, which is weakly acidic (some products are mixed powder of Tris and its hydrochloride, and the pH will rise);
3. Tris-HCl buffer solution is usually a ready-to-use buffer solution configured according to a certain ratio of Tris to HCl. The pH value depends on the ratio of the two. Commonly used are 7.4, 7.6, 8.0, 8.8, etc., generally near neutral , Weak alkaline.
Differences whenpreparing solutions:
1. Tris needs to be used with acid whenpreparing the buffer solution, not only with hydrochloric acid, but also can be combined into other buffer systems, such as Tris-phosphoric acid, Tris-boric acid, Tris-acetic acid, Tris-glycine and so on. It is more free to use and more widely used. Commonly used concentrations are 0.1mol/L, 0.05mol/L.
2. Tris hydrochloride powder reagent, the pH is usually fixed, it can be directly dissolved in deionized water when using, it is very convenient, one step is in place, saving time. The pKa of Tris is 8.1; according to the buffer theory, the effective buffer range of Tris buffer is between pH 7.0 and 9.2. The powder reagent can be mixed with Tris powder to adjust the pH to near neutral. Hydrochloric acid is liquid at room temperature, and it is volatile. Storage and transportation are not as convenient as powdered reagents.
3. Ready-to-use Tris-HCl buffer solution, this does not need to be configured, according to the need to purchase the corresponding pH reagent. This is the fastest to use, but the pH value of the products on the market is a fixed number of values. If a specific pH is needed, it will be more difficult to find. It may be configured by yourself, so that it is not worth the loss.
It should be noted that no matter what type of Tris reagent, there are several same characteristics: Tris is sensitive to temperature, so it needs to be controlled at room temperature when adjusting pH; concentration changes have a significant effect on pH, and excessive buffer dilution Change the pH value and reduce the buffer capacity; it is easy to absorb CO2 in the air, and it must be sealed.
Desheng is a manufacturer specializing in the production of various biological buffers. Tris-Buffer Buffer, Tris-HCl Reagent Powder, Tris-HCL Buffer Solution Ready-to-use are the company's superior products. According to the different needs of customers, we can provide the most Suitable biological buffer products.
Tris, as the "leader" of the buffering agent family, ranks first in both customer registration and popular buffering agents in the market. Its raw material price and quality have become a focus of attention. As one of the suppliers of trimethylaminomethane, Desheng has been favored by a large number of customers due to its cheap raw materials.