The similarities and differences between carbomer 940 and carbomer 980 look here!
Carbomer is a white loose powder, slightly acidic, soluble in water to form a gel, and can produce high-efficiency thickening at a very low dosage. The performance of different carbomers is slightly different. Currently, two models are produced and developed, namely Carbomer 940 and Carbomer 980, which belong to the Carbomer series. What is the difference between the two? This is the answer that many customers want to know when purchasing. Today The editor of Desheng will take everyone's questions to discuss.
The difference between Carbomer 940 and Carbomer 980:
1. Compared with 940, Carbomer 980 has a larger polymer molecule. Under different conditions such as concentration, temperature and pH value, the changes in viscosity and rheology are different, and their ionic resistance and shear resistance are different. There are also differences in tangency.
2. Carbomer 940 has better permeability than 980 and lower viscosity, but if you need to prepare 75% disposable gel, you need to use Carbomer 980, because Carbomer 940 can only be used for concentrations below 65%. Over this concentration the gel will turn white and directly affect the appearance
3. When the ion is present or the concentration increases, the transparency of 980 and 940 have little effect, but the ion resistance of 980 is higher than that of 940
Higher, so 980 can provide relatively higher viscosity and yield value when the energy ion increases.
4. Carbomer 980 has slight elasticity and has a moisturizing and smooth skin feel when first applied. It is suitable for medium or biased formulations that feel rich, and it is not sticky after use; Carbomer 940 has a clearer skin feel and is suitable for refreshing Type formula.
The similarities between Carbomer 940 and Carbomer 980:
1. Carbomer 940 and Carbomer 980 are both white loose powders, and they both have good thickening properties, and at the same time have high transparency, high viscosity and strong suspending ability. Both are co-solvent systems. The short rheological carbomer has excellent suspension stability.
2. The viscosity range is different, the viscosity range of Carbomer 940 is 15000-30000, and the viscosity of Carbomer 980 is about 16350.
3. The recommended dosage is different. The dosage of carbomer 940 is in the range of 0.2-0.5%, and the dosage of carbomer 980 is in the range of 0.2-1%.
4. The commonly used CAS number is different. The commonly used CAS number of carbomer 940 is 9003-01-4, and the commonly used CAS number of carbomer 980 is 9007-20-9
5. The storage conditions are the same, all need to be kept dry and sealed at room temperature.
Desheng Technology has 15 years of experience in the development and production of raw materials for acrylic polymer system materials.
The supply of BOM 980 and 940 is increasing day by day, and has made a contribution to the process of replacing imported reagents with excellent domestic reagents. The product quality is widely praised by customers. Welcome to call for samples!
Tris, as the "leader" of the buffering agent family, ranks first in both customer registration and popular buffering agents in the market. Its raw material price and quality have become a focus of attention. As one of the suppliers of trimethylaminomethane, Desheng has been favored by a large number of customers due to its cheap raw materials.