ADDRESS: C8-2-2, GUANGGU UNITED SCIENCE AND
TECHNOLOGY CITY, EZHOU CITY, HUBEI PROVINCE
TEL: 0711-37026501 8971041571
ZIP CODE: 436032
COPYRIGHT: HUBEI NEW DE SHENG MATERIAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.,
POWERD BY 300.CN E-NO.00000000-1
Characteristics and Applications of CAPS, HEPES, MOPS and other Good ’s buffers
CAPS, also known as 3-(cyclohexamide)-1-propanesulfonic acid, CAS1135-40-6, is a member of the Good's buffer.CAPS is widely used and is commonly used in biochemical diagnostic kits, DNA/RNA extraction kits and PCR diagnostic kits.It can also be used in new coatings.
Good's buffer, also known as zwitterionic buffer, is a widely used biological buffer in biological research, diagnostic medicine and clinical chemistry.Common Good's buffers include CAPS, HEPES, MOPS, PIPES, etc.Today, we mainly take HEPES, MOPS and CAPS as examples to introduce the characteristics and application of Good's buffer.
Good's buffer is a solution of aminosulfonic acid organic compounds, which has the following characteristics besides stable pH value:
1. It has good solubility in aqueous solution, and the aqueous solution is colorless and transparent;
2. It is chemically stable, not toxic to organisms and has no obvious permeation effect to biofilms;
3. The acid-base dissociation constant (pKa value) is stable, generally at 6~8, and the ability to release protons is stable, and is less affected by ion concentration, solution composition and temperature;
4. It is not a metabolite, activator or inhibitor of biochemical reaction series, nor a substrate of enzymes, that is, it does not react with a variety of enzymes and chemical reagents, and when used in tissue culture, virus diagnosis and other tests, cells show high vitality.
5. In fact, there is no characteristic absorption in the ultraviolet wave, and there is weak absorption only when the wavelength is less than 230~240 nm, so it does not interfere with the usual photometric measurement.
6. It has no or weak complexation ability for cations;
Application of CAPS, HEPES and MOPS
Good's buffer is widely used in tissue culture, vaccine production, cationic efficacy research, bacterial culture, low temperature storage of tissues, virus identification, blood protein storage, fungal protoplasm culture, electron microscopy, and separation technology of biological substances.
CAPS, is also known as 3-(cyclohexamide)-1-propanesulfonic acid, CAS1135-40-6, pH buffer range is 9.7~11.1.CAPS is more suitable for transfer of small molecular weight proteins to PVDF membranes or nitrocellulose membranes as protein imprinting transfer buffer or transmembrane buffer; in addition, it is also used as eluent in cation exchange chromatography, running buffer in capillary electrophoresis, enzyme assay buffer, etc.
HEPES, is also known as 4-hydroxyethyl piperazine ethanesulfonic acid, CAS7365-45-9, pH buffer range is 6.8-8.2.HEPES is used in cell culture medium and protein research for various types of organisms, as well as in biochemical diagnostic kits, DNA/RNA extraction kits and PCR diagnostic kits. Because of its non-toxic effect on cells and the ability to control constant pH range for a long time, HEPES is often used as cosmetic additives, playing the roles of activators, peeling agents, penetration enhancers, etc.In addition, it has been reported that HEPES has also been used as an effective reductant and stabilizer in the preparation of transition metal nanoparticles.
MOPS, is also known as 3-morpholinopropanesulfonic acid, CAS1132-61-2, pH buffer range is 6.5~7.9.MOPS is used in biochemical diagnostic kits, DNA/RNA extraction kits and PCR diagnostic kits; as an electrolyte system component of two-dimensional gel electrophoresis isoelectric focusing electrophoresis (IEF); and also in Northern hybridization as a buffer for RNA isolation and transmembrane.
Zwitterion buffer has many advantages, wide application, large market demand, and has been widely produced.Dexun Biochemical can provide a variety of high-quality zwitterionic buffers, including CAPS, HEPES, MOPS, TRIS and other superior products.Desheng has a mature and independent R&D team, as well as advanced production equipment, and has a deeper research on biological buffers.Business friends in need are welcome to call for consultation.